December 19, 2009

Why India?

So the answer to the question above begins the summer of 2005.


I was at a summer camp in Florida. It was the summer between high school and college and I was seeking God for direction. I was already planning on attending Winthrop University in the fall and had already declared an English major, but I was still unsure if this was really where God wanted me.

During one of the worship sessions I heard God tell me clear as day, "go to India," as simple as that. My reaction to that was, "ok God, that's cool, but you have to make that happen."

I did not feel like I should hop on a plane any time soon, but that I should wait on God to pull things together. After four years of waiting and praying he did that very thing. At one point he told me, "go for three months," then he told me, "after you graduate," and finally, "go with an organization." This organization ended up being Adventures In Missions and they happened to be assembling a three month trip to New Delhi, India a month after the lease on my appartment at school was up.

This was the beginning of God teaching me a great deal about how very good He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment